Friday, April 2, 2010

BP4_2010041_Web2.0Tools


Busuu - The Language Learning Community

Busuu is a free online community for learning languages. It’s a wonderful tool and I am excited to share my findings about it!

Through its interactive aspect, this 2.0 learning website offers a tremendous opportunity to enhance the L2 learners' listening, writing and speaking skills.










My students could directly connect with other members of the community in order to practice French /Spanish. The website offers a platform that provides integrated video chat. I truly loved the fact that students have an instant dictionary with the most useful phrases a student would need and that according to his/her level.

The students could communicate with native speakers almost any time during the day.

As soon as students get connected, they would receive busuu-talk signal (see above picture.)










I truly love the fact that students have an instant dictionary with the most useful phrases they would ever need to converse with the other members of the community.

The students would also have free access to photo based learning material which reinforces and ease the acquisition of second language learners. The vocabulary, listening, and writing exercises are wonderful!

This website was for me an amazing discovery ; it would certainly be implemented into my lesson plans. Through Busuu, my students will not only practice the target language, they will also sharpen their computer skills.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sanaa,

    I will explore this Web 2.0 tool. It seems to be a good site for my High School students. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sanaa! I love this! I want to look into maybe using this in my class! Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete