Friday, April 16, 2010

BP9_2010043_Web2.0Tools

ToonDoo is a cool comic-creating tool that could be used to make from writing a fun and enjoyable experience for students. It allows my students to create their own cool comic strips with just a few drag ‘n drops ‘n mouse clicks...


Steps:
  • Students will register and log in. (It’s free!)
  • Students click on the ‘Toondoo Maker!' button
  • Students select their panel layout (I recommended three)
  • Students drag ‘n drop in characters, backgrounds, props, speech bubbles in whatever order suits you best
  • If students are not able to find the character they like, they could create their own using the TraitR
  • Students could also upload images from their computer or anywhere else on the web using the ImagineR tool feature
  • Students communicate their thoughts and practice their writing using the bubbles...
  • Student will publish their work, I recommend publishing it as private (can only be viewed by students under 'My Toondoos')
  • Students will be graded on writing and creativity. I personally had them send me screen shots of their work...Text Color


I find that ToonDoo is a rich 2.0 website; It offers rich and engaging experience which improves the students satisfaction and increases their productivity in terms of writing and creativity.



8 comments:

  1. Sanaa, I really like this tool. I could see myself using it with my fourth graders in the computer lab. I like how you demonstrated using the tool to teach another language. The site has endless options. Thanks for introducing this tool. I will have to play around with it some more.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these type of tools and I am glad you found this one.I really enjoy creating comics and I showed some of my co-workers the comic I created and they liked it. When we worked in comic life one of these months, I looked for something I could do with my students. We have PC so comic life of course is not available on there and I was disappointed. I think this on will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Web 2.0 tool is fantastic and easy to use. Giving the steps to follow was a brilliant idea. Most of the time we read about each other Web 2.0 tools, but we need to search the Internet in order to learn how to use it. You have demonstrated again to be a well-organized teacher. I would like to use ToonDoo with my students next semester, so they can develop their Spanish writing, reading, comprehension, and speaking skills. I will let you know the results. Thank you for your contribution.
    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sanaa,
    What a great find! You described the Web 2.0 tool perfectly. This is a perfect way to allow students to be creative, think outside of the box, and they can really enjoy themselves in the process. We had a cartoonist come do a presentation in our school. The kids loved it! This would be a perfect assignment to go along with it. The website is great! It provides many examples that could be used to show students how it works. Thanks for sharing this tool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sanaa ~

    What a fun and exciting way to have your students learn how to write. It really allows them to use their imagination and have their creative juices flow! Also, I like your examples. Thanks for sharing this Web 2.0 Tool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sanaa-
    I love this website! What an engaging way to have students write about... anything! Your post also makes this very easy to understand and incorporated into any subject class. I can't wait to try it with my students!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay. I posted a comment on this link...or at least I tried to for my BP6! When I checked the links after Wimba, I found that my link didn't work, so I came back in to get the right url...and discovered it's not there! So, I'm going to tell you again how much I truly love this tool! I can't wait to use it with my fourth graders...I've already got it in my lesson plans for next week!

    Thank you for the input!
    T.

    ReplyDelete