Friday, April 9, 2010

BP5_2010042_Web2.0Tools_quizlet.com

Discovering Web 2.0 Tool

  • Quizlet is my second 2.0 web discovery. This website was created by a student in attempt to learn a second language (French in particular). He then developed it to include almost all subject areas.

  • In addition to the benefit that this website could bring to my students; I truly love the collaboration and the sharing among teachers. In fact, I used (this week) one of the teacher's study material. My students were tremendously motivated and fully engaged throughout the 42 minutes of class.
  • Through its modes (Familiarize, Learn, Test, Scatter...), l would be targeting both left-brain and right-brain learners.


Using quizlet platform, students would have a study tool that’s both powerful and fun; it would encourage them to learn and inculcate the vocabulary taught. It's a great tool, especially for second learners.
  • Teachers could also host a group where students can create and discuss study materials for their classes. Moreover, they could generate photocopy-ready flashcards or tests for in-class distribution.
I would recommend this website to all teachers (especially foreign language teachers). For the other subject areas, I am truly eager to know your feedback about it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sanaa ~

    I really like this tool! What an excellent way for English Language Learners as well as other students to prepare for testing. What a great way to learn by interacting online to create your very own flashcards or use the ones already available. I like the feature that allows students to either work by themselves work with others in a study group. This is very exciting and so beneficial! Thanks Sanaa for sharing!

    ReplyDelete